Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Snake!!!


We got home from going to the thrift store the other day & thank goodness the kids were asleep in the car when we pulled up at my mom's. Mother goes to unlock the door & looks in her back yard & there is a huge rattlesnake crawling thru her backyard! Right where the kids play! She called a neighbor to come kill the darn thing. This particular kind is a velvet back he was just over 3 foot long & had 9 rattlers & a button. His tail was black & he was about as big around as a 12 oz can if not bigger. Thank goodness the only snakes I've seen around the house has all been chicken snakes & we've killed about 3 of those only cause of the kids but my mom is more in the woods than we are so they are a little more common there.
Tootles

2 comments:

momtofatdogs said...

I am glad that your snake is in Alabama & not Tennessee! I don't want to offend any snake lovers (I'm sure Chris K isn't reading this blog!!!!) But any snake I see dead is the best snake of all.

Sam in Middle TN

Kay Aycock said...

Oh this just makes my skin crawl!! I am petrified of snakes! Kay